Friday, July 13, 2012

Book Review: Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick (My 1st Book Review!)


Hey Everyone!
As much as I love beauty, I love to read books. I have never been a big reader until I read THG, and now I have been collecting books since then. I know most of you are here for beauty, so I will be only doing this occasionally. Let's say I get 3 books from the bookstore, I may only do a review on one. Let me know if you like these. I personally really like sharing book recommendations, and I thought this was a great way to share. If you want to check out the current book I'm reading or read and would like to see a book review, check out my Goodreads account to follow up on that. Without further ado, let's get into the book review! BTW this are not spoiler-free posts, but I will let you know when they start, that way you know if the book sounds interesting to you. :) (Don't forget to leave questions for my Q&A post!)
Hush, Hush | Becca Fitzpatrick 5/5
Labels: Paranormal, Romance, Fantasy, Fiction, Young Adult, Mystery
Sequels: Crescendo, Silence, and then Finale (Finale comes out 10/23/12)
Find more out here, at Goodreads.

Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1)First of all, I really enjoyed this book. At times it was creepy, but it was very suspenseful and mysterious which made me want to keep reading. Normally I'm not into paranormal things, and I didn't think I would like this book, but I was surprised at how much I loved it. It's not my favorite book, but it's definitely in my top 10. I really liked it because of the suspense it had, and it (as people say) kept me on the edge of my seat (or bed, where I was reading :)).
The synopsis on the back of the book says, "A Sacred Oath, A Fallen Angel, A Forbidden Love. When Nora and Patch are forced together as lab partners, Nora would rather fall to her death than put up with his elusive answers to her questions, his teasing, and his infuriatingly handsome face and hypnotizing eyes. It seems Patch was put on earth just to drive her crazy. But before long, Nora's defenses start to break down as her curiosity about Patch heats up. Why does he always seem to be wherever she is and know exactly what she's thinking? How does he know what to say to both attract and repulse her? And what is up with those V-shaped scars on his chiseled back? As their connection grows stronger, Nora's own life becomes increasingly fragile. Nora needs to decide: is Patch the one who wants to do her harm, or the one who will keep her safe? Has she fallen for one of the fallen?" (BTW I typed all that! Not copied and pasted!)
So pretty much, in my own words, Patch and Nora end up sitting together in biology. Patch seems different and dark and has a huge secret to him. However, Nora is somehow attracted to him. (Spoilers start to kinda happen, but they will increase-you are warned! hehe) Some incidents happen which make Nora start to wonder about how safe she is, and if Patch is up to this-pretty much she starts getting curios about her life and safety, as well as Patch's own life. Nora and her friend, Vee, end up meeting these two nice boys named Elliot and Jules. They start to hang out with them as friends until Nora starts to get curious about why Elliot really left his old school. He said that his family couldn't afford his private school, but Nora didn't really believe that so much. When Nora looks more into this situation, she discovers that Elliot was (I'm not sure if he was actually guilty, or if he was suspected) of murder of a girlfriend. Elliot starts acting more weird, as Jules still stays quiet and bored. To speed things up, Patch is a fallen angel and wants to become human, but he can only do that if Nora is killed because she is a decendent of Chauncey. A few times he actually tried to kill Nora, but because he's an angel, he could make her see things and have her not realize what he was actually doing. As it turns out, Jules was also trying to kill Nora because of revenge or something (he was the one who caused a lot of the incidents, like jumping in front of Nora's (well Vee's) car). End of story is that Nora's high up, Jules is after her, Nora jumps down, dies, but because she's related to Jules because he's Chauncey (it makes a lot more sense in the story) and stuff he dies too. Now that Nora died and sacrificed her life, Patch could become human, but he turned the offer down, therefore saving Nora's life and bringing her back alive and becoming her guardian angel.
My thoughts on the book were that I actually suspected it was either Elliot or Jules that was the person jumping in front of the car, robbing her house, and trying to kill her, etc. I thought Jules at first because he was never around when Nora was in a creepy situation. For instance, at the park, Jules went to the bathroom, and then Nora saw a hooded figure, and then it disappeared. But then when Elliot came to Nora's house and almost forced her to go camping with him, Jules, and Vee, I started suspecting him. I don't understand why on Goodreads people are rating it 1 star. I mean it does have a rating of 4.01, but I was looking at people's review, and on the first page a lot of people rated it one star.
So overall, I really liked this book and would recommend it. :)
-Kait (That was alot of typing- I hoped you enjoyed because it took me an hour to make this whole post!)

Image was copied and pasted from here. I do not own this picture. All rights go to who created, published, and owns this picture, as well as Becca Fitzpatrick.

No comments:

Post a Comment