Thursday, September 27, 2012

Homework Tips!

Hey Everyone!
I know today's post isn't a beauty post, but I wanted to share some (hopefully) helpful tips. I'm about a month into school, and homework has been starting to pick up. So far, this year hasn't been as bad as last year, but I'm still sticking to my homework schedule. Anyways, hopefully these tips might help you, and if you enjoy these, let me know because I will do any that you request!

-Do homework early
     I start my homework when I get home from school. I say hi to the dogs and sit down for a minute or two, and then I start. I find this really helpful for me because that way, during the night I don't have to stress out about it. When I finish my homework it's still mid afternoon (usually) so I have an hour or two to spend before dinner.

-Set a reward
    After I finish my homework, I let myself go onto the computer, check my blog, , Goodreads, etc. I don't let myself go on until after I finish my work. That way I have something small to look forward to after my homework, so I don't necessarily rush through it, but I don't sit there and get distracted. Which brings me to my next topic.

-Sit somewhere non-distracting
     Distractions are very bad when you're doing your homework because not only can you not get your homework done, but it also brings your brain somewhere else, and therefore you might get that answer wrong because you're not focusing. If you sit somewhere quiet where no one is or the TV isn't on, it will help you focus a lot more which will  lead to better homework effort.

-Break it up
    I have to admit that I am definitely a procrastinator. So if breaking your homework up is not something you can do (because once I start something-I will just do it until it's done), then I recommend this 'breaking it up' strategy. This is something I do and find it very useful. First, when I come home I do my written work and any essays that need to be typed. Then after dinner, if I need to, I will study, work on a project, edit my story (if I'm working on one for English), etc. That way it helps you break it up and your brain doesn't explode due to writing and doing homework and then cramming your brain from studying.

I hope these few tips help! I think I am going to do a studying tip blog post, and if you guys still like them, I will do more. Make sure you request if you have anything in particular! Thanks, Kait

2 comments:

  1. These were really helpful! Im the worst worker. The second I get home I'm on the computer and get so distracted that I don't finish my homework till late -.-
    Thanks for the tips! Definitely do more ;)

    ReplyDelete