Saturday, October 20, 2012

Studying Tips!

Hey Everyone!
Today I have some quick studying tips for you that will hopefully help. I did a Homework Tips post and I asked you guys if you wanted to see more. So here's the 'more'.

  1. Write Notes or Vocab in Capital Letters: My teacher taught this to me this year. This is because when you write in lower-case your eyes follow the ups and downs and curves of the letter. When you write in all caps, it's easier and faster to read. i.e. YOU instead of you.
  2. Write in Pen: My teacher also taught this to me this year. It's the same idea of highlighting, but a little different. If you write in pen, those words will stand out more than any others or anything. For my vocabulary, my teacher tells us to write in all caps and in pen. The only words on the page are written in pen, but it helps keep you more focused.
  3. Study before Bed: Your mind is still working, for lack of a better word, when your sleeping, so you can remember what you were just thinking about than if you did it at another time.
  4. Eat: Eating will help keep your mind focused.
  5. Use a Strategy: For me, I find repetition works best. For some is might be mnemonics, or acronyms, etc.
Hope this helps! -Kait

No comments:

Post a Comment